Recipe : Sungai Dua Meat Rice (Nasi Daging Sungai Dua)
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Cooking time : 35 minutes
- Total servings : 6 pax
Beef meat (cut cube) boiled it till tender - 500gm
Boiled water (from the meat) - 5 cups
Fresh milk - 1 cup
Basmathi rice (washed) - 4 cups
Ghee - 3 tablespoons
Red onion - 1 bud
Garlic - 5 cloves
Ginger - 3cm
Coarse spices (cloves, cinnamon bark, cardamom, star anise) - 2 tablespoons
Soup spice powder or garam masala - 3 tablespoons
Lemongrass - 3 sticks
Dates (take out the seed,soak and blend) - 6 dates
Pandan leaves - 2
Tomatoes puree - ½ cup
For Asam water:
Tomatoes - 3
Red onion - 1 bud
Red chili - 2
Sambal belacan - 3 tablespoons
Asam water - ½ cup
Coconut paste - 1 tablespoon
Lime juice - 1 tablespoon
Salt and Sugar - To taste
Boiled water from the meat - 5 cups
Red onion, garlic and ginger (blended together) - 3 tablespoons
Spring onion and Cilantro (to slice) for garnish
Fried onion - 2 tablespoons
Salt and Pepper - To taste
Spices soup - 2 tablespoons
Cooking oil to fry
- First boil the meat with water (approximately 10-12 cups), onion, ginger, and a little soup spice
- Heat a frying pan with ghee and sauté the onion, garlic, ginger and pandan leaves until fragrant
- After that, add the soup spices and a little water and let it simmer for a while. Add rice and mix well.
- Pour boiling water with fresh milk, tomato puree, dates and meat that has been boiled earlier.
- Bring to a slight boil, slow down the heat and let the rice cook perfectly (stir occasionally with care so that the rice does not crumble.
- To prepare the asam water, slice the tomatoes and onions. Put in a bowl and mix with sambal belacan, asam water, coconut paste and lemon juice. Season with enough salt and sugar.
- For soup, heat oil, sauté the ground ingredients until fragrant.
- Add the soup spices and a little water. Let the spices cook.
- Finally pour into the meat broth and season with salt and pepper. Also add the soup leaves, scallions and fried onions.