Resipi: Siamese Noodle with Soup Gravy
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Cooking time : 25 minutes
- Total servings : 6 pax
To make base paste:
Red onion - 5 pcs (to blend)
Garlic - 6 cloves (to blend)
Ginger - 3cm (to blend)
Dried prawn - 100gm
Candleberry or Candle Nut - 4 nuts
Belacan - 3cm
Dried chili (blend) - 1 ½ cups
Cooking oil - 1 cup
For rice vermicelli noodle:
Vermicelli noodle (to be soak) - ½ packet
Base paste - 1 cup
Bean sauce (tauchu) - drain the water and mash it - 2 tablespoon
Cooking oil - ½ cup
Tofu - 2 blocks
Beansprout - 100gm
Chives - 50gm
Salt & Sugar - to taste
For the soup gravy:
Base paste - 1 ½ cups
Chicken/Prawn stocks - 2 liters
Palm Sugar (Gula Melaka) - 100gm
Bean sauce (tauchu) - drain the water and mash it - 3 tablespoon
Ground peanut (blended) - 1 cup
Tamarind slice - 3 slices
Prawn (de-shelled) - 6-8 prawns
Salt and sugar - to taste
Boiled egg - 1
Fried Tofu - 4
Lime - 4
Fried prawn - 8
Chievs - 50gm
Fried onion - 2 tablespoon
Spring onion (chopped) - 2 tablespoon
- First prepare the base paste. Grind/Blend onion, garlic, ginger, candleberry nut and belacan until smooth.
- Heat oil in a wok and sauté the ground ingredients until fragrant.
- Add the dried chillies and stir until the chillies are cooked through and till oil breaks down. Divide into 2 portions for the fried vermicelli and for the gravy.
- For the fried vermicelli, heat the paste and add the bean sauce( tauchu). And stir well.
- Add the vermicelli that has been filtered with water and mix carefully so that the vermicelli is not broken or crushed.
- Add the bean sprouts and kuchai, mix again and set aside.
- For the gravy, heat the paste in a pot and add the Malacca sugar, tauchu, asam keping (tamarind slice) and ground peanuts.
- Add the shrimp and let it cook for a while. Next pour the stock and season with salt and sugar. Let it simmer for a while and set aside.
- Finally to serve, place the vermicelli on a plate and pour the gravy. Serve also with side ingredients.