Recipe : Khoi Soi
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Cooking time : 30 minutes
- Total servings : 4 pax
Resipi: Khoi Soi
Masa penyediaan: 15 minit
Masa memasak: 30 minit
For soup gravy:
Red onion - 4 pcs (to blend into paste form)
Garlic - 5 cloves (to blend into paste form)
Ginger - 3cm (to blend into paste form)
Galangal - 2cm (to blend into paste form)
Lemongrass - 2 sticks (to blend into paste form)
Fresh turmeric - 2cm (to blend into paste form)
Coriander root - 2 stalks (to blend into paste form)
Red Chili - 2 (to blend into paste form)
Dried chili (to soak with hot water) - 6pcs (to blend into paste form)
Lime leaves - 4 (to blend into paste form)
Belacan - 3cm (to blend into paste form)
Candleberry nut - 5 nuts
Fish curry powder - 2 tablespoons
Cooking oil - ½ cup
Chicken breast meat (cut to cube size) - 400gm
Gula Melaka (Palm sugar) / Thai Palm sugar (sliced) - 1 ½ tablespoons
Chicken stock / water - 1 cup
Fish sauce - 2 tablespoons
Coconut milk - 2 ½ cups
Caramel Dark soysauce - 1 teaspoon
Salt and sugar - to taste
Side dish ingredients:
Egg noodle (Wanton noodle) - blanching and fried - 1 packet
Holland Onion - 1
Cilantro - 1 stalk
Thai basil leaves - 1 stalk
Mint leaves - 1 stalk
Pickled mustard / carrot (optional) - 2 tablespoons
Lime - 2 pcs
- First prepare the Khoi Soi paste by putting all the ingredients into a blender and grind until smooth.
- Heat the oil and sauté the paste until fragrant and till the oil breaks down.
- Add the chicken and simmer until the chicken is half cooked.
- Add Melaka sugar/palm sugar and fish sauce.
- Pour in the chicken stock and followed by the coconut milk. Slow down the heat and bring to a boil. Season with salt and sugar if necessary.
- To serve, divide the noodles into two parts. One part is blanched until soft and another part is fried with hot oil till golden yellow.
- Put in a bowl, pour the gravy and serve with onion, coriander leaves, thai basil leaves, mint leaves and pickled mustard/pickled carrots (if you like). Ready to be served.