Recipe : Chili Crab Pasta
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Cooking time : 15 minutes
- Total servings : 4 pax
Pasta (angel hair or spaghetti) - 1 packet
Flower Crabs - 500 gm
Turmeric powder - 1 tablespoon
Salt - 1 tablespoon
Cooking oil for frying
For the sauce:
Shallots - 2 buds (to blend)
Garlic - 4 cloves (to blend)
Ginger - 3cm (to blend)
Lemongrass - 2 sticks
Galangal - 2cm
Chili sauce - 3 tablespoons
Tomatoes sauce/ketchup - 2 tablespoons
Oyster sauce - 1 tablespoon
Fish sauce - 1 teaspoon
Sesame oil - 1 teaspoon
Coriander - 1 stalk
Lemon leaves - 3 leaves
Salt - to taste
Sugar - to taste
White pepper - to taste
Egg - 1
Water - ½ cup
- First boil the pasta until ‘Al Dante’ (please refer to the packaging package for the cooking period). Lift, pour water and pass in running water. Set it aside.
- Mix the crab with turmeric powder and salt.
- Heat the oil in a wok and fry the crabs until golden yellow. Lift and set aside.
- Then, in the same wok, reduce the frying oil to half a cup only.
- Saute the chopped ingredients with the coriander root until fragrant. Make sure to always stir.
- Add chili sauce, tomato sauce, oyster sauce and a little water. Stir and leave for a while.
- Season with salt, sugar and white pepper.
- After that, add the lemon leaves, fish sauce and sesame oil.
- Slow down the heat, add in the crab followed by the eggs. Mix well.
- Finally add the pasta with the coriander leaves. Stir well and ready to serve.