Recipe : Chicken & Mushroom Pot Pie
- Preparation time : 15 minutes
- Cooking time : 35 minutes
- Total servings : 4 pax
Puff Pastry (cut to the shape of your baking dish) - 2 sheets
Egg - 1
Mixed Herbs seasoning - 1 teaspoon
For the fillings:
Chicken to cut cubes - 400gm
Shallots (chopped) - 2 buds
Garlic (chopped) - 4 cloves
Mixed Herbs seasoning - ½ teaspoon
Fresh thyme - 1 stalk
Potatoes to cut to small cubes - 1
Butter - 4 tablespoon
Wheat flour - 1 ½ tablespoon
Leeks - ½ stick
Button Mushroom - 10pcs
Cooking cream - 1 ½ cups
Chicken stock - 1 cup
Salt & Pepper - To taste
- First prepare the fillings. Mix and braise the chicken with the mixed herbs, salt and black pepper.
- Heat a saucepan and add the butter. Add the chicken and fry until half cooked.
- Then, add the shallots and garlic, saute until fragrant. Add a little more mixed herbs and thyme herbs.
- Add the potatoes and let it simmer until the potatoes are almost tender.
- Add the wheat flour and stir for a while.
- After that add the leeks and mushrooms. Pour in the stock and leave for a while.
- Pour the cream and season with salt, white pepper and black pepper.
- Pour the filling into a baking dish (ramekin) until 3 quarters full. Spread the eggs on the surface of the baking pan and cover with the puff pastry that has been cut.
- Spread the eggs on the surface of the puff pastry and sprinkle with a little mixed herbs or thyme herbs. Slightly prick the surface of the puff pastry with a sharp knife (to give the heat space out and make the puff pastry ‘crispy’ and not fluffy).
- Bake in the oven at 170 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and ready to serve.